KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
Unknown JimmyD
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: KC in TV and Movies

Post by Unknown JimmyD »

shinatoo wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk12EMJQKgM

And the hits keep coming.
that's one of the more cringe-inducing videos i've seen in awhile. however, if we could modernize the tune a bit, it wouldn't be too bad. in fact, i could see it fitting very well with the cauldron at skc games. there's some good parts in there that you could turn into a good crowd chant that'd be quite catchy... and it'd certainly be unique, unlike 90% of the chants that are done at skc games (e.g. the ever-annoying 'i believe' chant).
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Unknown JimmyD wrote:

that's one of the more cringe-inducing videos i've seen in awhile. however, if we could modernize the tune a bit, it wouldn't be too bad. in fact, i could see it fitting very well with the cauldron at skc games. there's some good parts in there that you could turn into a good crowd chant that'd be quite catchy... and it'd certainly be unique, unlike 90% of the chants that are done at skc games (e.g. the ever-annoying 'i believe' chant).
Hit number 2 in Germany and number 1 Switzerland in 1974.

I don't know that "We shot up Kansas City on a very fine day" is a great chant.
Unknown JimmyD
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Unknown JimmyD »

shinatoo wrote:
Unknown JimmyD wrote:

Hit number 2 in Germany and number 1 Switzerland in 1974.

I don't know that "We shot up Kansas City on a very fine day" is a great chant.
well, it doesn't have to be word for word. :D
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

During the NFL game, they had a really cool promo showing some great shots of KC for the World Series. Really looking forward to seeing our city on display for a national audience.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

KCMax wrote:During the NFL game, they had a really cool promo showing some great shots of KC for the World Series. Really looking forward to seeing our city on display for a national audience.
NBC Sunday Night football does a really great job with showing shots of the city and Al Michaels will even go into a little detail about each shot. I expect Fox to just show it and Joe Buck say nothing, he will probably say something like "Its a beautiful fall evening in Kansas"
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

And so it begins, this almost needs a separate thread
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2238 ... uery=pence
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

KCMax wrote:During the NFL game, they had a really cool promo showing some great shots of KC for the World Series. Really looking forward to seeing our city on display for a national audience.
Maybe I wasn't paying attention at the right times, but the broadcast last night was sorely lacking of KC glamor shots.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

kcjak wrote:
Maybe I wasn't paying attention at the right times, but the broadcast last night was sorely lacking of KC glamor shots.
There were none. Just aerials of the stadium and fountain shots.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

pash wrote:If you want urban glamor shots during a baseball game, build an urban stadium.
Agree! If the Royals end up winning the World Series, downtown ballpark detractors will be able to use 'we don't need a new stadium, we just won a championship X years ago here' argument. Seeing the crowds over the past couple of weeks has me imagining what the scene would've/could've been like if the stadium had been built downtown a few years ago :(
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

There was a sort of establishing shot of P&L tonight, but it was brief and not particularly interesting. Too bad, it's pretty cool to see the city lit up blue.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Right before it started was a 2 second shot of Woodyard BBQ, had all their specials signs lined up. That place is getting a real rep.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

kcjak wrote:
pash wrote:If you want urban glamor shots during a baseball game, build an urban stadium.
Agree! If the Royals end up winning the World Series, downtown ballpark detractors will be able to use 'we don't need a new stadium, we just won a championship X years ago here' argument. Seeing the crowds over the past couple of weeks has me imagining what the scene would've/could've been like if the stadium had been built downtown a few years ago :(

Who is talking about a new stadium?
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

According to Kevin Collison, it's being discussed again. I have zero confidence that the city won't voluntarily (bleep) themselves on the financial end of the deal.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

One question. Why?

What team is going to use it for home? (OK, that is a second question.) Maybe it is the T Bones.

I can see if the talk is about long range plans when the Royals lease is up for the K but in the short term it doesn't make much sense at all. Unless all privately funded I can't imagine the Jackson County voters in KC would support paying taxes for two baseball stadiums.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

grovester wrote:Right before it started was a 2 second shot of Woodyard BBQ, had all their specials signs lined up. That place is getting a real rep.
And the obligatory shot of a train running through a desolate part of the bottoms.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

The shots and shout outs to the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum and to Buck O'Neil were pretty great. As much as Harold Reynolds got on my nerves, his impression of Buck was pretty cool to hear on national TV.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

My wife thought he was horrible to listen to in Game 1, I didn't notice because I was so use to Tim McCarver who is the worst of the worst
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

chaglang wrote:According to Kevin Collison, it's being discussed again. I have zero confidence that the city won't voluntarily (bleep) themselves on the financial end of the deal.
There won't be a new stadium in KC for at least 2 decades.