New KC Zoo Penguin Exhibit

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: New KC Zoo Penguin Exhibit

Post by chaglang »

brewcrew1000 wrote:I bet that Tuesday Free day at the zoo comes to an end pretty quick

Shots Fired, i believe there was a shooting before on a free day
http://www.kmbc.com/news/police-respond ... t/25039838
So we're all in agreement that the $12.50 entry fee is what's keeping gun-toting hotheads away from the Zoo?
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

The idea I've heard that makes more sense is to have local folks be able to get a free pass for use any one day in the year. Spreads out the crowd, prevents the knucklehead factor, not to mention the possibility of screening for deadbeats, tax scofflaws, etc.
pstokely
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by pstokely »

They wouldn't have this problem with crowds if it was free every day. St. Louis Zoo would have this problem on a bigger scale if they charged admission on most days and had occasional free days like this.
pstokely
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by pstokely »

grovester wrote:The idea I've heard that makes more sense is to have local folks be able to get a free pass for use any one day in the year. Spreads out the crowd, prevents the knucklehead factor, not to mention the possibility of screening for deadbeats, tax scofflaws, etc.
Will they be mailing passes to every taxpayer in Jackson and Clay counties?
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

pstokely wrote:
grovester wrote:The idea I've heard that makes more sense is to have local folks be able to get a free pass for use any one day in the year. Spreads out the crowd, prevents the knucklehead factor, not to mention the possibility of screening for deadbeats, tax scofflaws, etc.
No, go somewhere and pick it up. Show ID and prove your taxes are paid up.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Well eventually someone is going to get shot and die if they keep doing this. Kiss that tax money goodbye because they will be using that on the victims families not for zoo improvements.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

brewcrew1000 wrote:Well eventually someone is going to get shot and die if they keep doing this. Kiss that tax money goodbye because they will be using that on the victims families not for zoo improvements.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

grovester wrote:
pstokely wrote:
No, go somewhere and pick it up. Show ID and prove your taxes are paid up.
Pick up free passes on Plaza in front of Cinemark every Saturday night from 8-10pm.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

brewcrew1000 wrote:Well eventually someone is going to get shot and die if they keep doing this. Kiss that tax money goodbye because they will be using that on the victims families not for zoo improvements.
How is that different than if someone was shot on a non free day?
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I guess we can add Armed Robbery to the wrap sheet on KC Zoo this year. I could see it happening at that location, its very remote, it could also be an inside job though cause why would any person rob a fricking zoo concession stand.

http://fox4kc.com/2014/05/18/armed-robb ... -city-zoo/

I think this negative press is going to vastly out trump the good press like the opening of the new exhibit and upscale restaurant next to the penguins.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I think the KC Zoo should do this, this could really put them on the Zoo map here in the US, how cool would it be to sleep next to a polar bear, i really think they have the room to make this happen, hell they could just make that viewing area a couple rooms right now
http://news.yahoo.com/sleeping-polar-be ... 44089.html
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »