Promenade Tower Development

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Re: Promenade Tower Development

Post by rxlexi »

Thanks for the update re: Holiday Inn/Promenade Tower Fang, I've been wondering what happened to that plan for some time. The HI lot, at the crest of the Main Street hill overlooking the Plaza, and directly across the street from the Kemper and KCAI, is so woefully underutilized.

I'm happy to know that a tear down is still being considered, and disappointed it isn't happening tomorrow, quite frankly. Higher and better use for this prime real estate, stat!
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

Does the neighborhood association still have any power on what gets built with redevelopment? I remember how vehemently opposed they were with the proposal just north of Cleaver II.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

Hard to believe a tear down / rebuild is warranted with a vacant lot one block to the north.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

lock+load wrote:Hard to believe a tear down / rebuild is warranted with a vacant lot one block to the north.
it's not hard to believe.
this isn't a dictatorship where the government controls what projects happen.

the properties have different owners. once wants to sell/change. the other doesn't.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

flyingember wrote:
lock+load wrote:Hard to believe a tear down / rebuild is warranted with a vacant lot one block to the north.

the properties have different owners. once wants to sell/change. the other doesn't.
How did I forget this is not a dictatorship? Thank you for clarifying that.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

lock+load wrote:
flyingember wrote:

How did I forget this is not a dictatorship? Thank you for clarifying that.
I followed absurdity with absurdity
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

kcjak wrote:Does the neighborhood association still have any power on what gets built with redevelopment? I remember how vehemently opposed they were with the proposal just north of Cleaver II.
Which neighborhood is that? Rockhill?