WyCo Commissioner loses primary by a single vote

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

WyCo Commissioner loses primary by a single vote

Post by DaveKCMO »

http://wyandottedaily.com/no-change-aft ... -election/
Wyandotte County Election Commissioner Bruce Newby said the recount showed the same results as after the initial voter canvass Monday morning. The recount totals were Melissa Bynum, 1,129; Mark Gilstrap, 1,105; and Nathan Barnes, 1,104; for Unified Government Commissioner, 1st District, at large.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: WyCo Commissioner loses primary by a single vote

Post by justin8216 »

DaveKCMO wrote:http://wyandottedaily.com/no-change-aft ... -election/
Wyandotte County Election Commissioner Bruce Newby said the recount showed the same results as after the initial voter canvass Monday morning. The recount totals were Melissa Bynum, 1,129; Mark Gilstrap, 1,105; and Nathan Barnes, 1,104; for Unified Government Commissioner, 1st District, at large.
I got a recorded phone call from Nathan Barnes asking to be a write-in candidate for the April 7th general election.

He should have never resigned his seat on the commission in order to run for mayor. I could have told him that he wasn't going to win that. The first African American Mayor/CEO of Kansas City, KS/Wyandotte County won't be some political hack. Wyandotte County's voters are too smart for that.

If a viable African American candidate for Mayor were ever to emerge the person would have to be very charismatic/educated, possibly someone from academia such as a former administrator from the Kansas City, KS School district (i.e. Carol Marinovich) or the Community College. Or perhaps a minister, although I would view that as less likely as many people view African American Ministers as a little bit on the fake side (i.e. Emmanuel Cleaver, Al Sharpton)

I will probably vote for Bynum because I think Gilstrap is aligned with the Republican Agenda.