GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by brewcrew1000 »

The only thing i thought Yost should have did differently was in the 3rd or even the 8th have a right handed hitter come up in Aoki's spot, willingham can homer in that spot and tie the game in the 3rd or make it a 3 run game in the 8th. Bochy wasn't afraid to use his bench early by replacing Travis Ishikawa for Perez in the 4th, i think Willingham hits the ball in the 3rd instead of strikeout like Aoki who was 0 for 13 lifetime going into the game, now its 0 for 16. That 3rd inning could have changed the outcome going forward by just getting 1 run in or willinghams power to hit it out.
Last edited by brewcrew1000 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

While I understand your point, I can't fault Yost after the last 8 games on assuming he'd get at least a run doing what he did.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

Can we please tell our players to take the first pitch now and again? Bumgarner was killing us, but we were not helping our situation at all by diving after (seemingly) every first pitch in every situation. I can only suspend disbelief for so long before I start getting annoyed again by our crazy inability to situationally hit.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Looks like David Glass tried to kick Marlins man out of his seat and move him to a suite, interesting article on him
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb/ka ... 27237.html
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

brewcrew1000 wrote:Looks like David Glass tried to kick Marlins man out of his seat and move him to a suite, interesting article on him
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb/ka ... 27237.html

Happens everywhere. I don't know why they would bother.

http://deadspin.com/dodgers-fans-at-ch ... 472797108
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

brewcrew1000 wrote:The only thing i thought Yost should have did differently was in the 3rd or even the 8th have a right handed hitter come up in Aoki's spot, willingham can homer in that spot and tie the game in the 3rd or make it a 3 run game in the 8th. Bochy wasn't afraid to use his bench early by replacing Travis Ishikawa for Perez in the 4th, i think Willingham hits the ball in the 3rd instead of strikeout like Aoki who was 0 for 13 lifetime going into the game, now its 0 for 16. That 3rd inning could have changed the outcome going forward by just getting 1 run in or willinghams power to hit it out.
I would have had Escobar but with no outs and an men on 2nd and 3rd. That's the highest leverage situation for bunting and it's our game. Stick to it.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

shinatoo wrote:
brewcrew1000 wrote:The only thing i thought Yost should have did differently was in the 3rd or even the 8th have a right handed hitter come up in Aoki's spot, willingham can homer in that spot and tie the game in the 3rd or make it a 3 run game in the 8th. Bochy wasn't afraid to use his bench early by replacing Travis Ishikawa for Perez in the 4th, i think Willingham hits the ball in the 3rd instead of strikeout like Aoki who was 0 for 13 lifetime going into the game, now its 0 for 16. That 3rd inning could have changed the outcome going forward by just getting 1 run in or willinghams power to hit it out.
I would have had Escobar but with no outs and an men on 2nd and 3rd. That's the highest leverage situation for bunting and it's our game. Stick to it.
Agreed, he was really swinging free. I saw a quote from him about the pitches being "right down the middle". Most of them seemed like high heat to me. I think they were caught up in the moment for a bit.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Ratings for the game the lowest in the history of baseball
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-l ... 27386.html
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

grovester wrote:
shinatoo wrote:
Agreed, he was really swinging free. I saw a quote from him about the pitches being "right down the middle". Most of them seemed like high heat to me. I think they were caught up in the moment for a bit.
One swing looked more like he was trying to block the ball from hitting him in the head. Horrible at bat.
Unknown JimmyD
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Unknown JimmyD »

nicely done, royals. finally got some timely hitting with men on base again.

as much as i dislike joe buck, the fox broadcast crew has been so much better to listen to than the crap that tbs fed us. i think this is mostly because of harold reynolds.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

Reynolds had a much better Game 2. He was pretty bad in Game 1 but is still an improvement over Ripken.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I seriously think we need to consider benching Aoki, did you see how shallow they played him, they played him like a girl. I think Aoki would make a great cricket player the way he can deflect and direct hits, that is something you need to do in cricket.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

They probably wouldn't play Dyson any deeper.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

It's all about hitting it where they ain't. He'll need to make adjustments just like Moose will need to adjust to the shift.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

brewcrew1000 wrote:Ratings for the game the lowest in the history of baseball
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-l ... 27386.html
And yet, it won the night, was big with 18-49, and was the most watched program on FOX since American Idol back in February.

I don't get why people still compare TV ratings with ratings 15-25 years ago. TV is much different these days. The ratings for Game 2 were pretty much on par with ratings in the World Series the last few years.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

brewcrew1000 wrote:
beautyfromashes wrote:The next three Giants pitchers have a below .500 regular season record. This ones coming back to KC for game 6.
Wins are an overrated stat and completly meaningless in playoff baseball, Tim Hudson still had a pretty good year until about the last month, he still had 18 quality starts in 30 game starts, peavy had 20 in 32 game starts. Vogelsong is the worst one of the 3
Right. Exhibit A is that Danny Duffy had a losing record.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

^^ Saber-snobs.

My point was that, once you get past Bumgarner, the pitching drops off for San Fran. They all are basically Guthrie. I'd take Ventura, Vargas or Duffy over any of them. And our bullpen might be the best to ever be built in baseball, ever.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I like Yost's move of moving Aoki to the bench in game 3
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Really like the lineup tonight. Gordon moves up to #2, Dyson in the lineup, Moose moves up a bit. Good Ned.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

Yeah if I were gonna tweak it at all I might swap Moustakas and Infante to preserve the L/R/L/R that Yost is fond of, but that's a pretty minor thing, it's a real solid lineup. Still trying to figure out where the kidnappers have been hiding the real Ned Yost during this postseason. I actually kinda like the new guy, though.