Rams leaving St. Louis?

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Rams leaving St. Louis?

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Guess things are really starting to heat up in the LA area. Looks like three teams now have local approval in two different cities for stadiums. Next few months should be very interesting.
mgh7676
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by mgh7676 »

Here is a (slightly over-the-top) video and renderings of the proposed stadium in STL --

http://www.hok.com/about/news/2015/04/2 ... on-to-nfl/
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Pretty frickin awesome, if you ask me.
kman
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kman »

^ Agree. With the new (contemplated) stadium, the ongoing $375M Arch grounds renovation project and the Viking line cruises set to begin in 2017, the STL riverfront has the potential to be very awesome, IMO.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

Let's see the final product. I like HOK/Populous, but feel like they always give pie-in-the-sky initial renderings that get pared down considerably when they have to work within a budget. The initial renderings even make East St Louis look nice :)
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

"Are the St. Louis Rams headed back to Los Angeles? The team is certainly trying. If the Rams do make the move, the NFL's official website already has a page set up for them.

The website Field of Schemes discovered that if you search LA on NFL.com you can find the team page for the Los Angeles Rams. At the end of every team page for the league is the city's shortened nickname. Here's the page for LA: http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=LA.

At first you might think the page is a dedication to the time the Rams spent in Los Angeles, but the content on the page is related to the current team. It's certainly a strange page to have, but someone had to create it. This wasn't an accident."

From Sporting News
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

I believe this article was also placed on the Commerce Tower thread, but wanted to place here as well to really get the juices flowing - Commerce Tower has brownfield credits quickly removed by state of MO as state tries to shotgun a deal together for Rams stadium.

As I've stated all along, the Rams aren't going anywhere, never really intended to, and will pick up a nice new nearly free stadium on our (collective) Missouri dime.

"Commerce Tower Gets Rammed" -

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/n ... m-tif.html
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

Interesting propaganda/sales piece utilizing the much loved/despised Joe Buck as narrator:

http://www.foxsports.com/midwest/story/ ... nke-082515
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

StL_Dan wrote:Interesting propaganda/sales piece utilizing the much loved/despised Joe Buck as narrator:

http://www.foxsports.com/midwest/story/ ... nke-082515
Like every good American, I hate Joe Buck, and like every sensible Missouri resident I hope the taxpayer-funded StL football stadium con-job goes down in flames...but, right on, Joe.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcwJt4bcnXs
If you haven't already seen this, then watch it.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Very apparent that the governor and the stadium backers don't want this to go to a general assembly or state vote. I also find that one of the people leading this project helped to shoot us down when we asked for money to renovate our stadium.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

Eat it, SeaHags!

GO RAMS
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

StL_Dan wrote:Eat it, SeaHags!

GO RAMS
Good win for Los Angeles.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

beautyfromashes wrote:
StL_Dan wrote:Eat it, SeaHags!

GO RAMS
Good win for Los Angeles.
hahaha.....not yet, beauty.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

It seems half of the league's team owners support the Rams move to LA. The other half support the efforts of the Chargers and the Raiders. Now, the compromise just might be:
Rams move to LA and build their stadium. It can handle two teams much like the one for the Giants/Jets.
San Diego is willing to build a new stadium for the Chargers but the team doesn't like the location so it may be the other team for the stadium for the Rams.
That would appear to leave the Raiders as the odd man out. Instead the Raiders may move to San Diego and doesn't mind the location of the proposed stadium there. Oakland has said it will not contribute to a new stadium there.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Raiders to Orlando?
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

I hate the whole mentality of "LA Needs Two NFL Teams." I get they have 2 of every other of the 5 major leagues but good lord, the NFL draws on it's own. There is always an odd man out too when it comes to the teams, seems like MLB is the only one who avoids that plus somewhat the NHL teams at times because they market LA/Orange County separately. The Rams failed to do that when they were in Anaheim, not embracing the differences between the southern metro area and LA.

The Lakers/Clippers situation is the best to look at though. The Clippers were always the joke, but marketed exclusively to LA alongside the Lakers. Now the Lakers are god awful because 94 year old Kobe refuses to do the right thing and retire and the Clippers are at the time where they need to win the 'ship now. I need to look closer at attendance but from visuals and words from LA locals I know, it's a full flip. The Clip is the big dog in town, the Lakers don't look to be drawing.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

Owners meet in NY to hear SD, Oak and StL proposals to keep teams:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... f9bde.html
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

"I hate the whole mentality of "LA Needs Two NFL Teams."
I don't think it's that the market needs two teams but having two teams for one stadium. Muck like for the New York situation there is a greater income stream going into the stadium therefore more money can go into the stadium when building. Instead of having 8 games there are 16.
nomadcowatbk
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by nomadcowatbk »

Where does the team left outta LA go?