KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Transportation topics in KC
Major KC Fan
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by Major KC Fan »

I don’t think Jamaica has “fallen off” the list of desired vacations. I’ve been about 8 times from the 80s to the late 00s. There are issues with crime, etc. much like many other Caribbean or Mexico beach destinations but there are lots of flights from many US and international cities. The designation by the state department to “reconsider travel” applies to many international destinations, but a bit of common sense travel precautions can minimize the risk.

I have acquaintances that wouldn’t travel to Mexico or the DR because of perceived problems but to each their own.
I’ve always found most Jamaicans to be a proud people that are happy to share their culture and, of course, to take my American dollars. I’ve also seen firsthand some really pathetic “ ugly Americans” that I was embarrassed to share citizenship with.

Hopefully the flight change will be a seasonal thing like quite a few other KC flights to major vacation destinations.
Now, let’s get a true transatlantic flight that builds our market- you know they all want to see the home of the Chiefs, see a World Cup game, or perhaps get a glimpse of Travis & Taylor!
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

langosta wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:03 pm Frontier launching MCI-PHL in May. In addition to the 3x daily American Airlines A319s planned for this summer
AA retaliating against F9. PHL goes to 4x daily 319.

WN's IND-MCI loses a frequency during the week in October, extended from the rest of the year (also gains a Sunday flight)
herrfrank
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by herrfrank »

More award seats for AA elites on MCI-PHL! Get it while it's hot kids...
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Daily cargo service to Cincinnati, Baltimore, and Riverside CA is scheduled to up-gauge to 747 tomorrow per Atlas airline schedule.

TBD if it sticks.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

langosta wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:13 pm Daily cargo service to Cincinnati, Baltimore, and Riverside CA is scheduled to up-gauge to 747 tomorrow per Atlas airline schedule.

TBD if it sticks.
That’s a good bit of capacity
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

langosta wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:13 pm Daily cargo service to Cincinnati, Baltimore, and Riverside CA is scheduled to up-gauge to 747 tomorrow per Atlas airline schedule.

TBD if it sticks.
Appears that it didn’t stick. Too bad. Would have been cool to see
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

dev49 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:01 pm

TBD if it sticks.
Appears that it didn’t stick. Too bad. Would have been cool to see
Agreed, would have been really neat. In the meantime it is fun to see all of Eastern Airline 767 and 777 dart in and out of KC. 777 left today for Fairbanks. And that same aircraft arrived from Romania yesterday, 2/24.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I noticed at Big 12 Tourney that KU is playing in Mexico City in December, KCI officials should give incentives for this route as a nonstop route maybe seasonal a few days a week. AeroMexico codeshares with Delta, Mexico City opens up a lot of One Stop service to Mexico, Central and South America.
You Could also go the low cost route with Volaris and Viva Aerobus

Flight time would be similar to MCI-LAX
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:00 pm I noticed at Big 12 Tourney that KU is playing in Mexico City in December, KCI officials should give incentives for this route as a nonstop route maybe seasonal a few days a week. AeroMexico codeshares with Delta, Mexico City opens up a lot of One Stop service to Mexico, Central and South America.
You Could also go the low cost route with Volaris and Viva Aerobus

Flight time would be similar to MCI-LAX
Mexico City is pretty constrained and Delta is going to have to drop a bunch of existing routes if the current JV dissolution goes through
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

JetBlue is exiting KC all together on 6/13. Bummer
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

So pissed. Had a flight booked in July out of Boston. Having JetBlue seriously made Boston flights very reasonable in the summer.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

hartliss wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:12 pm JetBlue is exiting KC all together on 6/13. Bummer
Sad to hear this. Their prices to get to Boston were incredible and I leveraged that for a few Europe trips.

I can't say I'm surprised though. It was never more than 70% full when I flew.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Seems like they’re down on their luck lately. Lost the Spirit merger thing too. I wonder if they were counting on that for financial purposes.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:00 pm Seems like they’re down on their luck lately. Lost the Spirit merger thing too. I wonder if they were counting on that for financial purposes.
I think they probably need to regroup after spirit and AA deals fell though and go back to their core markets. I do think they will try the AA link up again. The judge in it basically gave them a blueprint on what would be allowed.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

I hated everytime I flew with them. It seemed they were always late due to pilot shortage. And they weren't very cheap to New York when you count all the extra fees for luggage and normal items.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Cratedigger wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:31 pm
hartliss wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:12 pm JetBlue is exiting KC all together on 6/13. Bummer
Sad to hear this. Their prices to get to Boston were incredible and I leveraged that for a few Europe trips.

I can't say I'm surprised though. It was never more than 70% full when I flew.
I did the same thing. There are great deals using Airfrance points from Boston. Flying Boston to Lisbon on Deltathen back from Birrartz France AF to Boston for 39k airfrance points total.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

I don’t think there’s anything new in the WN schedule extension, but it does look like our intl routes will return….

MBJ returns in December
SJD returns - will operate almost year round (no aug/sep
CUN will return to a daily schedule (wknds only for most of summer)
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

NK adding daily NYC(Newark) and BOS from KCI. I believe this will more than replace the capacity lost when B6 pulled out.
KC_Ari
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KC_Ari »

langosta wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:20 am NK adding daily NYC(Newark) and BOS from KCI. I believe this will more than replace the capacity lost when B6 pulled out.
Spirit Airlines, for those who also don't know the codes.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Will be interesting to see if Spirit can make them work after JetBlue couldn’t. Really hope they can make it work.

Lower price helps. No interline hurts.