One Light - 13th & Walnut

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
ULCajun
Pad site
Pad site

Re: Proposed apartment for 13th and Walnut - One Light

Post by ULCajun »

All four are designed to look the same as the first tower along truman road, two light, three light, four light. They have mockups at the leasing center.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Yeah, I've seen them and hope they change their mind as they are just concepts. Final designs often don't match 3+ year old conceptual designs. Would like to see the City encourage them not to use same design as it will have long term impact to skyline and may look like 'the projects'.

Is subjective but mixing thing up better than this methinks..
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

If Cordish does trigger another tower, I hope it looks nothing like the first. Not a fan of matching towers, sometimes it can look like 'the projects' or distracting to skyline view if anything.
I see your point, but if KC can generate the demand for four new loop towers in the near future I won't complain about what they look like.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Is time to not settle for *any* design just because they are boosting the area. Need to set expectations to raise the bar now, especially for something that will be permanent part of skyline. The City Planning Committee should at least encourage it.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

I would be happy if they basically cookie cuttered the internal design of the next three but redid the outside for each tower.

Different style of lobby base
Different colors of glass and stone
different materials in the balconies.
light them in slightly different colors.

so that they clearly go together but aren't a housing complex
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

If there's over 1,000 people on the wait list, then why has this towers final height not been changed? They're idiots not to capitalize on this opportunity. Hopefully they'll build this tower, or the next much higher...it's not like the demand ISN'T there.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Because it's already under construction. Also while streetcar helps, a high % will want a parking spot in this town and they can't add more. BTW, I assume are they using the Consentino's garage? Will there be any public parking left outside ground floor?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

earthling wrote:Because it's already under construction. Also while streetcar helps, a high % will want a parking spot in this town and they can't add more. BTW, I assume are they using the Consentino's garage? Will there be any public parking left outside ground floor?
you would have to walk one block (gasp!) to access on-street parking. yes, they are using the cosentino's garage which was presumably overbuilt for this eventuality. the other towers will be interesting because there are no adjacent garages to any of them. MORE DIGGING?
mykn

Post by mykn »

DaveKCMO wrote:
earthling wrote:Because it's already under construction. Also while streetcar helps, a high % will want a parking spot in this town and they can't add more. BTW, I assume are they using the Consentino's garage? Will there be any public parking left outside ground floor?
you would have to walk one block (gasp!) to access on-street parking. yes, they are using the cosentino's garage which was presumably overbuilt for this eventuality. the other towers will be interesting because there are no adjacent garages to any of them. MORE DIGGING?
I'm sure there's some old buildings we could knock over for parking lots, right?
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

DaveKCMO wrote:
MOAR DIGGING!
Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

DaveKCMO wrote:
Cap the loop with parking garages!
ULCajun
Pad site
Pad site

Post by ULCajun »

while they say there are 1000 people on the waiting list, this just means the people that have signed up for information. I've already reserved my unit, and there are still plenty of units available to be reserved. If you go to their website http://tour.onelightkc.com/ you can see which ones have been reserved and which ones havn't...it looks like it is still over 50% occupancy.
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

There really must be 1,000 people waiting to get in to One Light, as the Leasing Center was closed (like, dark and locked) at 3:30pm on Saturday.
atticus23
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by atticus23 »

Excited to be able to look up from I-670 and see this tower taking shape!
LCDSI
New York Life
New York Life

Post by LCDSI »

here's a link to some recent pictures taken by Eric Bowers Photography.

http://blog.ericbowersphoto.com/page/2/
longviewmo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by longviewmo »

This might be a better link to use since it won't change when he posts new stuff. http://blog.ericbowersphoto.com/2014/12 ... mber-2014/
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

Excited to be able to look up from I-670 and see this tower taking shape!
That's neat. I was imagining the other day how different the view from 670 will be when Two and Three are up and towering over you, practically at the edge of the highway.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

leasing center will be open from 4-7pm today, per their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OneLightKC
mykn

Post by mykn »

DaveKCMO wrote:leasing center will be open from 4-7pm today, per their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OneLightKC
Might have to check this out before Mythbusters at the Midland!
ULCajun
Pad site
Pad site

Post by ULCajun »

DaveKCMO wrote:leasing center will be open from 4-7pm today, per their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OneLightKC
That was posted yesterday, I noticed it was open last night and quite a few people in there around 6:30.