Hospital Hill activity

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: Hospital Hill activity

Post by moderne »

I am confused. This shows remodeling and expansion of the current dental school and the Business Journal says the dental clinics will be in the new building on Charlotte?
gfenn11
New York Life
New York Life

Post by gfenn11 »

CMH had the city install a HAWK signal midway down 22nd that is synced up with the lights on Holmes (I believe- might be Gillham) for improved visibility on employee crossings. I give it a few years/garage expansions and it'll be the next crown center with an elevated pedway over 22nd connecting to the current one over 23rd.
Noahfleshman
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Noahfleshman »

This entire hospital complex is about to look like Barnes-Jewish
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

We're kind of behind building a big medical center district like this, Many cities have something similar.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

FangKC wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:14 am We're kind of behind building a big medical center district like this, Many cities have something similar.
Better late than never right?
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Credit again to Charles Wheeler for getting the medical school here.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Roy Blunt requested $20 mil in funding for the construction of Medicine & dental school buildings
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

UMKC Roo wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:51 pm Roy Blunt requested $20 mil in funding for the construction of Medicine & dental school buildings
https://www.blunt.senate.gov/news/press ... nding-bill
$10 Million for the University of Missouri–Kansas City – Funding will be used for construction and equipment for the UMKC School of Medicine and School of Dentistry on Hospital Hill.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Ca-ching
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

UMKC Medicine and Dental buildings get closer to being fully funded
The University of Missouri-Kansas City announced a $15 million gift from the Hall Family Foundation, which will help fund an innovative new medical and dentistry building in the UMKC Health Sciences District.

The university has secured $95 million toward the $120 million cost of a new Healthcare Innovation and Delivery Building on the corner of 25th and Charlotte.

https://www.umkc.edu/news/posts/2023/j ... ng.html?
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Wow. Looks like they're closing in on this building becoming a reality soon.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

UMKC Roo wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:07 pm Wow. Looks like they're closing in on this building becoming a reality soon.
Target completion by 2026. Using CMAR to make that happen
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Cratedigger wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:27 pm Target completion by 2026.
Jumped in here all afternoon tired and quickly read this wrong in my head. Thanks for the wake-up.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Ground-breaking anticipated to happen next year.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

CityScene is reporting that UMKC has released an image of the new Healthcare Innovation and Delivery Building which is slated to be built on the northeast corner of 25th and Charlotte. Fall 2026 opening.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.0814873 ... 384!8i8192
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Great! Exciting to hear funding seems to be close
UPDATE UMKC reveals first rendering of planned Healthcare Delivery building on Hospital Hill, discloses it has received $10M from feds for the $120M project, announced fundraising now at $95M.
https://twitter.com/cityscenekc/status/ ... 17926?s=20
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

The Governor signed off on state budget spending that includes $300 million to build a new state behavioral health hospital on Hospital HIll adjacent to Behavioral Health Center At TMC. The facility will have 100 beds operated by the state and 100 operated by University Health Kansas City Hospital. It would also include an emergency crisis department. The new facility will be built nearby in the health sciences district while the present facility continues to operate.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

FangKC wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:18 pm The Governor signed off on state budget spending that includes $300 million to build a new state behavioral health hospital on Hospital HIll adjacent to Behavioral Health Center At TMC. The facility will have 100 beds operated by the state and 100 operated by University Health Kansas City Hospital. It would also include an emergency crisis department. The new facility will be built nearby in the health sciences district while the present facility continues to operate.
I am assuming this is not the building that is shown in the post a couple of posts earlier? Any guesses how many floors it will have? There will be quite a bit of activity on Hospital Hill it seems over the next couple of years.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

No, that building in the image above is a different building with a different purpose.

I haven't found any building proposals for the behavioral health hospital. I don't know if they even exist at this point. I also don't know where they plan to build the new facility in the health sciences district. If I were to guess I'd say on the surface parking lot to the east of the present building. Since we don't know the exact footprint yet, it's hard to speculate on the number of floors.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.0849882 ... ?entry=ttu

My second guess for a possible site is below.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.0867963 ... ?entry=ttu
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

The closed slip-lane at 25th and Gillham could be going away for additional green space...
The Health Sciences CID is interested in working with the City to make Improvements to the intersection at 25th and Gillham. This is a permanently closed slip lane closed with temporary looking barriers. The new corner will figuratively and literally reach out to welcome the neighborhoods to the south into the District. Connected to existing green space and historic parkway features, the corner will provide pedestrian and bike friendly access to bike share stations, and several seating areas for small gatherings and activities. A large public art installation could potentially be located adjacent to the intersection to signify entry into the District. Specialty paving and decorative lighting could accent the meeting spaces, along with well-landscaped planters.
https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod ... 51833cfdfc

Current conditions...