Transportation topics in KC
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: OFFICIAL - New KCI Terminal

Post by KCPowercat »

langosta wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:24 pm
langosta wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:36 pm
Cratedigger wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:59 pm

Meaning multiple airlines? So like an Amex Escape?
3rd Party... like an AMEX Excape, Capital One, priority pass, etc. Doubtful AMEX given the Delta lounge but who knows
Will be a CAVU Escape lounge. Free access with priority pass. so included with a platinum card or sapphire reserve
Confirmed, city plan got updated
https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod ... 3954413583
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Where in the terminal will this be?
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

GRID wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:33 pm Where in the terminal will this be?
end of the American airlines area. shell space today
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

10k sf is a pretty good size. Couldnt hurt to have this in place for an international direct as well
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

The Escape lounges in the US aren't part of the Priority Pass network, so you'll (likely) need a fancy AmEx card for entry.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Looks like they are being rebranded to Escape Lounges, the centurion studio partner reinforcing that connection to amex.
herrfrank
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by herrfrank »

^I am slightly disappointed, although I do think I'll have access through one of my credit cards. I had hoped AA would open an Admirals Club, as the location appeared to be almost designed for them (and was an additional build-out, not in the first blueprints).

I believe this indicates that British Airways is no longer actively considering Kansas City for a nonstop to London. Because such a move would have required some kind of lounge consideration for Club World passengers, and the solution would have been an Admirals Club most likely.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

New Orleans handles their BA passengers with their priority pass club
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

I much rather have anon specific airline branded club. Half the cities I fly to don't have direct Delta flights and the other half don't have direct United. So I'm constantly flipping between the two. An AMEX club might even get me to consider SWA again.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

swid wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:37 am The Escape lounges in the US aren't part of the Priority Pass network, so you'll (likely) need a fancy AmEx card for entry.
They have at least 1 US location on priority pass per the website
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

shinatoo wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:57 am I much rather have anon specific airline branded club. Half the cities I fly to don't have direct Delta flights and the other half don't have direct United. So I'm constantly flipping between the two. An AMEX club might even get me to consider SWA again.
I can speak to this as being in the same boat, I’ve been flying to SMF for family more frequently since the new MCI Terminal opened, and having a non-airline club at SMF has made SWA the choice. Having one here would all by guarantee I fly SWA unless going to a Delta hub
bspecht
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by bspecht »

Curbside Traffic Control RFP out now. https://kcmo.bonfirehub.com/opportunities/135097
The selected Supplier shall coordinate, manage and monitor vehicle traffic service for the Airport terminal curbs at the Departures, Arrivals and Commercial Curb areas. Services will include curbside management of vehicles, drivers, passengers, and issuing of parking tickets.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Forgive me if this has been answered, but what is the thinking behind the random numbering of the gates at MCI?
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

shinatoo wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:09 pm Forgive me if this has been answered, but what is the thinking behind the random numbering of the gates at MCI?
Could you be more specific? It's odd numbers on one side, even numbers on the other side.

If you're asking why it stops at A12 and picks up at B46, that is partly due to a possible future expansion of terminal A.
KC is the way to be!
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

A concourse.

B concourse.

Odd vs even based on side
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Why start in the 40s though?
Pork Chop
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Pork Chop »

shinatoo wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:09 pm Why start in the 40s though?
From Justin Meyer on Twitter (I remember he explained it some time ago):

Justin Meyer
@JustinMeyerKC
Skipped numbers on Concourse A to maintain even/odd symmetry (even numbered gates on west side, odd numbered on east side) and to allow for future growth. Also made sure not to repeat numbers. Ex: There is gate A10 but not B10.
10:27 AM · Aug 20, 2022

Also, I assume that it's due to the future expansion of one or both concourses, which will result in 50 gates for the terminal. Instead of changing their numbering, they can expand and insert the gate numbers between 21 and 39.

This is similar to the baggage claim that starts with 2 - 8 and where they can expand it by two more on either end. 1-9 (my guess)
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Makes total sense to not have an A1 and B1 when the concourses are in one building. I've already ran into enough people looking at their Southwest boarding number and standing at that gate instead, having a duplicate gate number despite the A / B would for sure confuse people
Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sani »

This isn't strictly related to the new terminal, so I don't know if this belongs in some other general thread about KCI, but anyway... We're getting a new rental car company, apparently the world's oldest: Sixt. https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... -sixt.html
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

I guess I have never noticed, but I always thought Sixt was just in Europe, Australia etc. It's always an option when I travel international, but have never used it in America.