GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
Unknown JimmyD
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Unknown JimmyD »

this bumgarner fella is pretty decent.
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

Turd Birds lay a goose egg.
Same old Royals.
Culture of losing.
Only the Royals could/Never before has a team lost a game, then won 2, then lost 2 in a World Series.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Royals are heading home with a chance to win a championship with Yordano throwing tomorrow and Bumgarner not able to start the rest of the series. I like our odds.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

Ned made quite a few questionable calls last night, but that is what happens when your team is completely lost. I will never understand the Nix sub, and I still disagree with a few of the other more justifiable moves (I can see a case for thinking Herrera is going to go two innings but would not have done myself). Overall though, Yost has done a fine job of managing the series and is far from being the thing that has cost us a game. I genuinely respect the way he has handled pretty much everything.

Our players just aren't making plays. It is a bit scary because of how streaky this team has been... you worry that the losing "streak" could be a sign that we have lost all momentum. The Giants have been there before, and their team is full of "big time players," whatever that means. If the young fellas on the Royals want to join that club, they need to step up to the plate tonight (quite literally). Otherwise, we are just the team that got hot at the right moment, and all of these "stars" that have been created on our team through the post-season are suspect receivers of such a label. Are you listening, Alex Gordon, Mike Moustakas? Moose's career may depend on a few good performances.
Unknown JimmyD
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Unknown JimmyD »

bobbyhawks wrote:If the young fellas on the Royals want to join that club, they need to step up to the plate tonight (quite literally).
i'd rather they step up to the plate tomorrow than tonight. on the other hand, if moose steps up to the plate tonight, he won't have to worry about hitting into the shift again.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

Unknown JimmyD wrote:
bobbyhawks wrote:If the young fellas on the Royals want to join that club, they need to step up to the plate tonight (quite literally).
i'd rather they step up to the plate tomorrow than tonight. on the other hand, if moose steps up to the plate tonight, he won't have to worry about hitting into the shift again.
Ha. I'm a tad overeager for the next game. #-o
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Shields should have Pitched one more Inning then Dyson might have still had another Bat and Butler might have Batted fur Pitcher.
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

mmmmmm..."fur pitcher"
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KCMax wrote:Image
In the spirit of the World Series, I thought I would quote the very first post in this thread.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

KCMax wrote:Royals are heading home with a chance to win a championship with Yordano throwing tomorrow and Bumgarner not able to start the rest of the series. I like our odds.
They are talking about pitching him on two days rest tomorrow - if they lose tonight. It's 8-0 as I write this.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

pash wrote:He'll definitely pitch if they need him, but he won't start. Likewise Shields will be ready to come out of the pen if he can help the Royals.

All set for an epic game tomorrow.
I think it was 1977 when the Royals brought their ace Dennis Leonard out of the bullpen with little rest to close out the Yankees in the ALCS and put the Royals in the WS for the first time. Leonard gave up the winning runs and the Royals had to wait three more years to get to the world series. Be interesting to see how effective either starter would be with less than 3 days to rest.

I was at this game:

" Leonard opened the ninth for KC and clearly didn’t have it. He gave up a single to Paul Blair and a walk to Roy White. Had Leonard pitched Game 2, he would have been on three days’ rest here (allowing for the travel day) rather than one day rest after pitching Game 3. It’s hard to see how that doesn’t make a difference.

Whitey Herzog was a great manager at this time and he would further prove his greatness in St. Louis through the 1980s. But one big part of this series is that Martin made correct decisions, while Herzog did not.

With the lead runs aboard, Rivers singled to right to tie the game and move White up to third. A sacrifice fly by Willie Randolph gave New York the lead. Brett made another big error, allowing the Yankees to get ahead 5-3.

In the bottom of the ninth, Lyle was on. Frank White hit a one-out single. Patek was up next, with the trio of McRae-Brett-Cowens behind him. The moment was at hand for more drama. Lyle squelched the moment, inducing a ground ball to Nettles, who started a 5-4-3 double play and the Yankees were going to the World Series."
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

In years past many teams went to a three man rotation in the WS so one would start three games. I am not sure where the quote came from, or many it is just an urban legend, it goes "he has all winter to rest up" for a pitcher who would play in game 7 on a short rest.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

The Giants have better options in the bullpen tonight than a starter on 2 days rest. It would be surprising to see Bumgarner throw more than an inning tonight. Petit only threw 20 or so last night. Romo and Casilla are rested.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

If the royals win who is the MVP? My buddy says Ventura, i say Perez, he is actually hitting really well and he kind of sparked the game 2 victory as well as kind of settling pitchers in.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

brewcrew1000 wrote:If the royals win who is the MVP? My buddy says Ventura, i say Perez, he is actually hitting really well and he kind of sparked the game 2 victory as well as kind of settling pitchers in.
Through 6 games, Cain. But it's so even it might go to whoever does best in tonights game.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

grovester wrote:
brewcrew1000 wrote:If the royals win who is the MVP? My buddy says Ventura, i say Perez, he is actually hitting really well and he kind of sparked the game 2 victory as well as kind of settling pitchers in.
Through 6 games, Cain. But it's so even it might go to whoever does best in tonights game.
I am going to change my opinion and say Bumgarner has it pretty much sealed. Bobby Richardson is the only player to be awarded MVP of the losing team but I think Bumgarner deserves it for absolute domination in game 1 and 5.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Pitching two great games in a 7 game series, especially a series your team lost (assuming / hoping they lose) shouldn't get you the MVP imo.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

mean wrote:Pitching two great games in a 7 game series, especially a series your team lost (assuming / hoping they lose) shouldn't get you the MVP imo.
Agreed, not going to happen, short of him pitching another shutout in game 7 and losing on a Buckner-esqe error.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

But nobody else has really stood out in this series especially for the royals, thats why i think he has a chance