GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by earthling »

If Royals win, that says teams win World Series, not a couple hot individual players like SF has.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

If the Royals win tonight, the Royals should be the MVP.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Why not Glass, Moore and Yost.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

If the Giants win it's definitely Bumgarner. Some of their position players are also arguably worthy but Bumgarner's domination in games 1 and 5 (and maybe 7?) will overshadow all of that. If the Royals win, pending any individual heroics tonight, it's probably going to be Ventura, who will be remembered for pitching through his grief to pull this team back from the brink of elimination. If it goes to a position player, probably Cain, because he's hitting well, playing excellent defense, and, most importantly for an award like this, getting a lot of attention for it. Agree that Perez has a shot here too, he's actually hitting even better than Cain (much better), but people aren't talking about him as much. Infante actually has great numbers too but literally nobody ever talks about him so I can't imagine the committee will even notice unless he hits a walkoff home run or something.
Why not Glass, Moore and Yost.
Because they're not players?
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

Unless Bumgarner pitches multiple innings tonight and shuts the Royals down, I think a strong night from Hunter Pence wins MVP for him. 6 runs (most in the WS), 5 RBIs (most in the WS), 10 hits (most in the WS), most total bases, a homer, and solid D? His OPS is over 1.000 (1.196). I get the Bumgarner case, but Pence's numbers are unreal and he plays every game.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

Nobody in this World Series has gotten nearly as much buzz as Bumgarner though and that's what I think will win it for him. In the end a bunch of reporters and baseball guys are going to just vote on who they think it should be and they're probably going to vote for the guy they all keep talking about.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Because they're not players?
Just having some fun.

Doubt a pitcher on a losing team would get it. As provided earlier a position player has gotten it in the past. With regards to the Royals guess it will depend on the heroics this game. If a pitcher it would be Ventura, position player Cain, especially for the defense.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

I don't like this move.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Out of the inning down one. Guthrie could have done that. And kept pitching. I know it's game 7 but why does Yost feel the need to play an NL game? I look forward to eating all these words.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Thanks Royal, great run!
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Aoki had no business facing bumgarner twice he was 0 for 17. Also did gordon have a chance score?
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Dyson would have likely hit in Aoki's place and Dyson hasn't done anything either. Highly doubt anyone would have.

I do believe in my heart of hearts that Gordon would have scored. And if not, would anyone be that upset with him being called out at home plate? I wouldn't have blamed him given the circumstances.

That has to be how close a team can get to winning the World Series without winning the World Series.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

Yost says before the game that his pitchers will be on a short leash, then Guthrie looks like shit in two consecutive innings but is still allowed to pitch the fourth even though there is literally not another game to save our bullpen for. And that's how it goes. See you all in thirty more years.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Also did gordon have a chance score?
Think he would have been out by a mile as they say. Even Gordon says it was a good call to hold him.

Guthrie looks like shit in two consecutive innings but is still allowed to pitch the fourth
Let's see. Batter barely hit by pitch, two cheap hits and two sacrifice flies for two runs in the second isn't that bad. Winning run the result of an infield hit, due to foot siding out from Infante resulting in a bad throw to first, soft hit, sacrifice fly to left to get the runner to third, given up by Guthrie, isn't that bad of an inning. Overall not that bad, not great but not that bad.

What hurt the Royals way more was the first double play with the stop by the second baseman and a glove throw to 2nd and then the reversed call.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

pash wrote:Well, there's always 2043.
phuqueue wrote: See you all in thirty more years.
You're kidding me, right?

A young Royals team loses Game 7 of a World Series by 1 run to a team that has won 3 of the last 5 titles with a payroll bigger than the Royals and one pitcher that was possibly the best starter in postseason history.

THE SEASON WAS A FAILURE!
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

AllThingsKC wrote:
pash wrote:Well, there's always 2043.
Also, if that's the rhetorical tack you're going to use to massage your pathological Kan't City masochism muscle, what you'd really need to write is:

"Well there's always 2019"

and

"See you all in 5 years"
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

AllThingsKC wrote:

A young Royals team loses Game 7 of a World Series by 1 run to a team that has won 3 of the last 5 titles with a payroll bigger than the Royals and one pitcher that was possibly the best starter in postseason history.

THE SEASON WAS A FAILURE!
I didn't say the season was a failure, but I did predict that we won't be in the World Series again, which is not really going that far out on a limb.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Man, what would have happened if we would have won, this was their 3rd in 5 years. Our city might have burned to the ground if we would have won, maybe it was a good thing we lost.
http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-w ... 66267.html
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

phuqueue wrote:I didn't say the season was a failure, but I did predict that we won't be in the World Series again, which is not really going that far out on a limb.
THE FUTURE IS A FAILURE!