GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Went to the game Saturday, noticed the Adam's Mark is back.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

I had high hopes for Francisco Pena when they signed him last year. But, he seems to be off to a terrible start in AAA this year.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Played great last night, but they didn't look like they were having fun like they typically do. Hope this weekend didn't take the joy of the game out of them.

However, watching the maturing process these guys have gone through over the last year has been really interesting.

They went from the Bad News Bears to the Hickory Hoosiers last season, started this season like a a bunch of partying undergrads, and last night looked like seasoned veterans. Very exciting. For better or worse, this weekend was an awakening.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

beautyfromashes wrote:I had high hopes for Francisco Pena when they signed him last year. But, he seems to be off to a terrible start in AAA this year.
Yeah, me too. 27 HRs and throwing out 40% of runners looked good last year. Hope he's just playing through a tough spot or little injury. I thought he may have some decent value on the open market.
Unknown JimmyD
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Unknown JimmyD »

i'm ok with herrera getting suspended (though i think it should be 3 games instead of 5). however, i'm not ok with lawrie getting nothing. he should be suspended equivalent to the number of games his target had to miss, including the game where it happened. so he should be suspended 3 games as well. it's completely absurd to say that a slide like that into second base is perfectly fine. the league needs to get with the program in the 21st century.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

It seems this team has adjusted to how the league played them last year. Moose is hitting to all fields and has virtually eliminated the shift that caused him such headaches last year. Hosmer is taking pitches and drawing walks that he didn't get last year. This will cause him to get better pitches to hit and I think you'll see a huge power surge from him in the next month. Escobar looks comfortable in the leadoff and Cain has figured out how to either hit the inside pitch or crowd in and get HBP. We also have strong backup players this year that we didn't last year.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

I never thought I'd say this, but maybe Gordon should take a closer look at Moose's approach at the plate.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Gordon will be alright. I used to get so frustrated watching him hit because he always takes his top hand off the bat. It's almost like an matador ole' swing. But, he always gets it going and his defense is enough to say he is always an asset.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

I'd be willing to bet that Gordon ends the season with a better average, OBP, and OPS than Moose.
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

bobbyhawks wrote:I'd be willing to bet that Gordon ends the season with a better average, OBP, and OPS than Moose.
I'll take that bet.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Both will be All Stars.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

What's the wager? I could totally see Moose having the breakout year we've been waiting for the last several seasons.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

bobbyhawks wrote:I'd be willing to bet that Gordon ends the season with a better average, OBP, and OPS than Moose.
My point was more around how he is becoming more and more predictable as a dead-pull hitter and teams are shifting against him in most cases. Moose seems to have figured out that actually hitting the ball the other way can help. Hopefully Alex comes to the same realization. I'm not knocking him - I just have never understood why players - especially good hitters like Alex - allow teams to do this.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

chingon wrote:
I'll take that bet.
mean wrote:What's the wager? I could totally see Moose having the breakout year we've been waiting for the last several seasons.
A cocktail or beer of choice (under $15) at a River through Crown establishment of the winner's choosing during game 1 of the playoffs.
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

done
Unknown JimmyD
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Unknown JimmyD »

these last two games have been great. loved the herrera/cabrera duel last night.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.